Saturday, September 6, 2008

MIssing another good friend

Well, it's nearly another month since my last post....but....time has a way of slipping away. I can really relate to that, I just lost my good friend/buddy/pal/dog-sitter to a massive stroke last week. It was a shock, but not unexpected. HUH, you say? Well, he had had two TIA's (mini-strokes in the past year, and his Dr. did say the next one would be a big one, but still, when I just got finished playing cribbage online with him, talked to him on the phone, and next thing you know, WHAM! He evidently had the stroke shortly after I spoke with him last Tues nite, cuz my friend said she called him around 9PM (I spoke w/him around 8) and he didn't answer. Anyway, I went to his house the next morning when I couldn't get him on the phone, and found him lying on his bedroom floor, still alive, but.....when they took him to the hosp. the dr. said it was Massive, massive bleeding in the brain...inoperable. He held my hand (my friend) and knew I was there as I reassured him that all would be well, and he pounded my hand and his against his heart repeatedly. The next day he passed.
Life goes on, doesn't it, but it's hard to figure out what to do with all the time I used to spend with him. I do have my darling 96 yr old, Ruth, staying with me, and she is some cutie...but she also has been ill and very weak. I doubt she has a lot of time left either. I don't really like God's recycling plan a whole lot, but, I guess this would be one crowded earth without it.

I had given my friend a lot of furniture for his mobil home he moved into in his later years, and his son gave it all back to me. It now sits in the driveway with sale signs on it. His Lincoln Navigator that I used to watch for all the time sits in the drive too. I am storing it till the will gets probated and then his son will sell it.

As life progresses, I realize more and more that I want to move back to Texas, although I do love my cozy little cottage and big big yard that I planted so many trees in. But I so do want to spend more time with my wonderful children....before I get to old to enjoy them...lol. I have plans in my head of my house I want my boys to build, and it's very exciting...but, then again, I do so love Ca....oh well Scarlet, I'll think about that tomorrow!

Seems like the family bloggers are getting as bad as me with their posts, so guess I will just jump over and visit Lily and Tasha, see what's going on in their world.

Have a safe and wonderful life, and appreciate every moment like it's your last. No guarantees, remember.

3 comments:

proudmama said...

Meg, I know it might sound trite, but I'm also feeling your pain. It definitely leaves a hole in your life when you lose someone you've spent so much time with. I also understand how you can be indecisive about moving. I absolutely love CA; the weather, the beauty, etc. But there is definitely something to be said for being close to the ones you love!

Donna

Mom8 said...

Thanks so much for you compassion Donna, (are you DJ)....? I am kinda looking forward to building next to my younguns...lol

Lilly said...

It's ages since I visited your blog. Oh I am sorry I didn't check your blog earlier. That is so sad and I hope you are doing well. I kind of agree I think there comes a time it is good to be around your family even if you dont see them that often its jsut good to have someone to help when you need (and I am sure you would help them too!). Life does go on but our memories last forever dont they? I guess you will fee a big hole in your life for a while - hope you are going well.