Sunday, May 4, 2008

Not a Mensa site

Hi everyone....this is my first time to have a blog, and since I am at the top of the list of electronically challenged folks (my dtr had to create this blog), this will not be very creative in the art department. But, having lived a really really full, fun, exciting life, I think we can enjoy some interests and humor anyway. I will leave the "heavy" stuff to the rest of the bloggers. I am beyond getting livid about anything anymore...lol.
I was born and raised in Duluth, Mn, and to this day I swear I have not thawed out ....that is the coldest dang place on earth. I left home at 16 to go live with my older sister in Arizona so she could work, putting her husband thru college, and I could babysit. Of course I finished high school in Tucson, away from all my friends that I grew up with and went to school with from K thru 11th grade. Living with my older sister was an experience I could write a Brittanica about, but I'll save you the drama. Suffice to say, it wasn't fun!

I met my future husband at a dance at the VFW hall;, I had gone with some friends and when he walked in with his buddy, he looked at me and waved while rollin up the sleeves on his shirt. I didn't know who he was waving at, I looked around, no one behind me....hmm....must be me!
When the band started, he came and asked me for a dance. He was tall, dark and very handsome. We danced all nite. I was 17, so was he.

Ten years later, I had 8 children with this same person, and the marriage of two such young, inexperienced people was falling apart at the seams. A lot of effort (on my part) was expended on trying to mend a hopeless case, but by the time I was 29, I was divorced! Ok, now tell me I don't know how to plan for a future!!!!

There were a million great stories of survival along the way, but to get a peek at the results of great work....take a look at the pictures on my daughters blog, "Being number 5" and son Matthews blog, "Matt-Speak".... These are only two of the most magnanamous people on earth.
Enough for tonight , I will write more when my lids aren't slammin shut!

3 comments:

tashabud said...

Such an interesting life story. I have to chuckle because the novel that I'm writing in one of my blog sites is about a woman from Minnesota and about this man in Arizona.

If you like a juicy romance story, you might like to visit the site.

http://loveandromance-tashabud.blogspot.com/

I don't believe in extramarital affairs, but to make the story interesting, I have to write it with this kind of scenario. It gives the story a good conflict.

Jules said...

Great start Mom! I shall read on.
I can totally hear your voice when I read....hehehehheheh

Mom8 said...

Tashabud, I had no idea you were a writer....cudos to you! I'd love to read your novel. Kinda has tones of "Bridges of Madison Co." LOVED that story.