Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Ok, I'll continue on like somebody is actually reading this site!
Today I am dog tired! Didn't get get to sleep until 4:30 a.m. But, that beats the night before last, it was 6 a.m. before the lids shut. You see, my brain doesn't shut down when I am thinking of new careers, and ever since I saw the T.V. show on the Medical researcher who isolated a gene that we can inject and actually live to 150......well, I have to get busy on a new career. I always soooo wanted to be a dancer, but I figured that would have to be in my next life. I wanted a family too bad in this one to do anything else. Well, lying in bed, I thought to myself,
"self, if you have another ......................so many years left, what would you want to do with them?" Self said, well, I'm too dang old to be on Dancing with the Stars, but I would have loved to be a medical researcher... I'm a puzzle worker, so love solving problems. I think medical Research would have been infinately fulfilling.
Then, there's the desire (since watching Animal Planet daily) to go live in Africa and work at an animal preserve...rescuing orphaned animals after some fool has killed the mama's.... that would be really fun to do. The chimps are especially intriguing, they are so smart and human-like.
Who knows, may run into a relative!
However, the idea of swapping houses with someone in Italy for a month or two and travelling around the quaint little Italian towns, visiting the Isle of Capri has been a dream of mine for a very long time. Capri looks like the ultimate utopia....wanna go bad!
Then too, there's the dream of owning a Hospice Home or Board and Care for the elderly and the dying....I have taken care of many many people who have passed on, and it was the most fulfilling job I ever had...they are so eternally grateful for the tender, compassionate attention , especially if they are in a great deal of pain. I took care of one man dying of cancer, who was a jazz officianado who knew every jazz musician from Billy Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald on up....and since he was in so much pain he couldn't sleep, we talked all night long about all his experiences while the jazz played in the background.
AND, lately I have been thinking a great deal about building my little dream house on my daughters ranch so I could be close to my children while I can still carry on an intelligent conversation. That has a lot of appeal, except I think everyone of my kids are so busy with their own lives, I may be setting up a scenario that may not be as fulfilling as I dream it. Who knows.
Well, you can see why I can't sleep. This darn breakthrough in medicine has me lying awake nights , and probably tonight while resting my head on the pillow, staring at the ceiling, I will think of 5 or 6 more occupations/dreams that I want to do. I better get dressed, something is bound to come up soon, and I want to be prepared! I think my next move tho is to read my own blog and put a reply so I can pretend someone is reading it! Have a good day!

6 comments:

Matt said...

Well. i'm reading it, and enjoying it. I had no idea you wanted to be a dancer. You see, this blogging stuff is really informative. Give it a chance; it will take a while for people to find your site, but they will find it. I love your stories, so keep posting! :-)

tashabud said...

You must be Matt's most revered mom. Your family seems like a tight knit. That's very good.

I find your post very entertaining. You have a natural knack for comedy. Don't think that you're old at 60. I read somewhere that sixty-year-olds are now the new forty-year olds. It must have come from the Researchers you're talking about (lol).

Keep on posting. I'll come back again. I'm fairly new at this myself, so I'm still learning the ropes.

Jules said...

Hey mamacita!
I just found out today you actually used the blog I made you!
heheheh
I didn't really know about the dancer thing either! Cool.
And you passed the puzzle solving on to me. I would have liked to be a FBI Profiler. That seems so cool. I love psychology too. I would have been a natural! I tell you!!

Mom8 said...

Tashabud, thank you for the kind words, and yes I'm Matt's mom and we really ARE a tight knit group. I tell everyone my kids are like a ball of hair, you can't separate them...lol.
Jewels, glad you finally checked in! I've been waiting for your critique! This is most fun. Thank you so much for getting me started, and to Matt for keeping me up and running...(we had a 1/2 hr tutorial via phone this evening).

Lilly said...

I had to come and have a peek at your blog after reading about it on Matt's site. You are hilarious. And something tells me you would be the type to live to 150 so there are many careers still to come. I dream about Italy all the time too. Love it. When my daughter graduated from uni there was this lady there who was in her 80s. She had married at 16 and had had 8 children too. Her husband was 20 years older than her and when he died her kids asked her what she wanted to do now expecting her to say she wanted to go into an aged persons home. She said she always wanted to study biology. So she went and did it much to her kids shock and horror. She then got a scolarship to work in the USA. In her 80s. It really inspired me. Its never too late to do anything you dreamed about, except maybe skydive. I have been trying to convince my Mum to start a blog too. All the best with it and just be yourself, it will be a hit.

Mom8 said...

Lily, welcome to my blog....so nice to have you. Thank you for the lovely comments. I LOVE the story of the 80 yr old. I can picture myself doing something in a whole new career too. I still have the energy had at 20, and am very fit, so I can do anything I choose.